[libreoffice-documentation] Re: Documentation workflow (via website) requirements

Hi all,

Le 14/12/10 03:18, Jean Hollis Weber a écrit :

Since we are on the subject of workflow requirements, I thought I'd add
my 2c, which concern mainly translation of existing documentation. In
the past, I have created some of my own documentation for the OOo
project, and then translated it myself, however, translating other works
has always been a right royal PITA. I originally posted the following
wishlist on the French discussion list the other day :

- be able to translate an *ODF* file in such a way that homogenous
vocabulary terms are used throughout (e.g. using a translation memory,
glossary) ;

- be made aware automatically that there has been a change in the
original language document from which the translation was made;

- be able to easily collaborate on a translation, be it by division of
labour (e.g. segmentation), or through proof-reading / copy / revision
writing, and being automatically made aware thereof, each time a change
occurs ;

- not having to be online to be able to do the work : one of the banes
of most of the solutions I have seen proposed so far is the requirement
to be online to actually work on a document - please do not make this an
obligation, not all of us live online or have permanent access; the
corollary of this possibility, is also being able to update the work
done once an online connection is available again;

- when a new document is put online, being made aware of that fact via
an automatic notification (e-mail ?) what I like about the Silverstripe
CMS at the moment is that I am made aware each time a change is made to
the site for which I have publishing rights - this is a superb piece of
functionality as far as I'm concerned ;

- be able to tell others simply and efficiently that I have reserved a
document or that others have reserved a document to work on - ideally,
this would be proposed automatically.

Maybe these requirements are impossible at the moment with the solutions
available to us, but something like that would be far more motivating
than anything I've had the unfortunate displeasure to use so far :-p

Alex