[libreoffice-documentation] Internationalization

Hi all,

I would like to just add some thoughts about internationalization (i18n is shorter) of the documentation.

Some native-lang groups will produce its own documentation, some others will translate what is available in en_US language or other languages, and sometime it will be both.

For the FR project, I'm currently testing some tools for the translation of the OOoAuthors Guides.

Translating on the wiki is horrible, I've translated two guides and they are now completely obsolete and not in sync with the rest so it's a waste of time finally.

With the .odt files we can use translating tools, glossaries and translation memory. I'm testing WordForge as the local translation tool currently (it manages odt -> xliff -> odt), and I think also to use Pootle to organize the workflow (you can assign roles and tasks, you know the amount of work is remaining, it's easy to check for errors like missing translation, double punctuation or missing caps, extra space, etc, you can work on line or off line and it handles xliff files).

Would you be interested by this workflow at an i18n level, or do I go on only with the FR group here? This question because it needs more testing (will do after the 3.3 is out), and some styles (the low level ones it seems) will have to be adapted in the .odt file for conversion purpose to .xlf files. So it might be interesting to adapt it to your current workflow and requirements too.

Kind regards
Sophie