Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Workflow requirements

Hi Jeremy, all :-)

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 13:27, Jeremy Cartwright <vardomescro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Upon reviewing Jean's sage advice, our current in-house setup and the
> current modus operandi, I would like to recommend we retool our usage
> of the site. I would like to point out that every time we upload a file
> with the same name, the files meant for the general public are
> changed. This doesn't seem acceptable to me, so I propose we have two
> files, one available to the public, and one tagged EDIT or some such.
> Anyhoo...

I considered having two sets of files, but decided that it was
cumbersome and non-optimal. Personally, until we figure out a better,
more permanent workflow, my proposal would be that we just keep one
file set, and that users just get the latest version on the wiki...
it's "quick and dirty", I know, but, IMHO, it's a good interim
solution that users get our currently-best offering of content... What
do you think?

> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development Is where I
> am located here. As Ron took care of all the rebranding, let's rename
> that column to `drafts'. In that column we place a link to our EDIT
> tagged file. We rename the next column `feedback'. This gets an
> additional state of `back'. `No'== no second person has seen it.
> `Back'== a second person has seen it, but has edits and `Yes'== a
> second person has seen it and it's ready to progress to the next step.
>
> The third column is renamed to `proofing' and follows the same logic as
> `feedback'. When it's state is `Yes' though, it is signed off in the
> fourth column, `publish'. This means it's ready to have the EDIT tag
> removed. We would need to add a 5th column for sign out.
>
> I propose this to be our interim workflow until we get the `Getting
> Started' guide out the door for launch.

Seems reasonable to me. If no-one has any better proposals than the
above, Jeremy, may I suggest that you please write this up briefly in
a relevant page of our wiki, and make the necessary changes? I'm
working on the site and don't have time or focus right now...
(otherwise, if you don't have time, I can do it ASAP - just after
Christmas, maybe)

Once we get this roughly into shape, I will post back with
suggestions, get you guys' reactions, and then reorganize/move pages
around into a clean, logically-named tree structure (when I finish
with the site, and if someone has not beaten me to it).

David Nelson