Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Workflow requirements

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:15:16 +0800
David Nelson <commerce@traduction.biz> wrote:
> I think I'd prefer a changes-tracking table, or other equivalent
> system...
>
> David Nelson

Upon reviewing Jean's sage advice, our current in-house setup and the
current modus operandi, I would like to recommend we retool our usage
of the site. I would like to point out that every time we upload a file
with the same name, the files meant for the general public are
changed. This doesn't seem acceptable to me, so I propose we have two
files, one available to the public, and one tagged EDIT or some such.
Anyhoo...

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development Is where I
am located here. As Ron took care of all the rebranding, let's rename
that column to `drafts'. In that column we place a link to our EDIT
tagged file. We rename the next column `feedback'. This gets an
additional state of `back'. `No'== no second person has seen it.
`Back'== a second person has seen it, but has edits and `Yes'== a
second person has seen it and it's ready to progress to the next step.

The third column is renamed to `proofing' and follows the same logic as
`feedback'. When it's state is `Yes' though, it is signed off in the
fourth column, `publish'. This means it's ready to have the EDIT tag
removed. We would need to add a 5th column for sign out.

I propose this to be our interim workflow until we get the `Getting
Started' guide out the door for launch.

Thoughts?

-- jdc