Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Workflow requirements

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 12:15 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
> Hi, :-)
>
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:08, Jean Hollis Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Changing the filename at each stage to show date and
> > initials also makes it easy to everyone to see what's going on. That's a
> > bit low-tech, but it works... including when the files have been
> > downloaded to someone's computer. No accidental overwriting, easy to
> > tell which file is what.
>
> Personally, I'm not into changing file names as a status indicator.
> When you link to them from elsewhere, either the link breaks or
> someone gets an obsolete version... Could you possibly suggest another
> solution, please? I think I'd prefer a changes-tracking table, or
> other equivalent system...

So you won't like the multiple-folders approach either, for the same
reason.

Those are the methods that work for me. Someone else will have to
suggest something different that works for them, with the tools
available (or suggest appropriate free tools to make an alternative
work).

--Jean