[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-documentation] Workflow requirements
- Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Workflow requirements
- From: Jean Hollis Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:08:02 +1000
- To: email@example.com
David asked for comments on workflow, so here is what I want to see. I
don't care what s/w is used, as long as I can track development easily
and without ambiguity.
Best source doc filetype is ODT because it is the easiest to use for
high-quality output to a variety of other formats (PDF, wiki, ePub,
Must be able to track dates, file versions, & status. Separate folders
work and are easy for everyone to see what's at which stage of
development. Changing the filename at each stage to show date and
initials also makes it easy to everyone to see what's going on. That's a
bit low-tech, but it works... including when the files have been
downloaded to someone's computer. No accidental overwriting, easy to
tell which file is what.
Someone must be able to over-ride "checkout" if the person who checks
out a file doesn't return it in a reasonable time and doesn't respond to
requests for status updates or unlocking of the file. This happens all
the time but should not be allowed to stall work on a book.
1) Create draft doc, upload to Drafts folder, mark as ready for review.
2) Reviewer checks out draft doc, makes changes with tracking on,
uploads result to Feedback.
3) Author (or someone else, depending on book & circumstances) revises
draft, removes change tracking up to that point, replaces file in Drafts
& marks as ready for review.
4) Repeat 2 & 3 as needed.
5) When ready, author (or other) puts file into Copyediting/Proofing &
marks as ready for editing.
6) Copyeditor does job with change tracking on, puts into Feedback.
7) Author (or other) accepts/rejects edits, puts file into
Indexing/Final Layout folder, marks as ready for further work.
8) Indexer/Book Coordinator/whoever final checks all and puts file into
Published folder (or returns to Feedback for further work).
9) Book Coordinator/Publisher/whoever outputs file into various formats
(PDF, others to be decided) and makes available to public, with a copy
into the working folder for next revision.
I will find David's note suggesting where to put this info and paste it
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/documentation/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Workflow requirements||David Nelson <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Embedded parts and wikihelp/HC2
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Workflow requirements
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] oooAuthors registration
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Workflow requirements