[libreoffice-documentation] Introducing myself

/>From/: Hal Parker <halparker42@gmail.com <mailto:halparker42%40gmail.com>>
/>Date/: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 07:03:16 +1000

>I understand that at least for the LibO3.3 release we are using the OOo3.3
>docs as the starting point, and that Ron has created a template and applied
>it to the chapters of the OOo Getting Started book, but I'm not sure how to
>tell who is working on what or whether I have the latest version of a
>chapter. Is the wiki page for Documentation/Development kept up to date?

Hi Hal. Welcome on board.

The latest files are on the wiki:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
(the getting started guide files are what we're working on now)

and the checkout/status is here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Getting_Started_Guide

I do think we need to work on our processes, but I would suggest that updating the GS guide chapters is the more important thing at the moment so they will be ready for the first release. Then we would have plenty of time to work out the processes.

I've finished reviewing/editing/updating several chapters and have updated their status on the development page. I would ask that anyone willing would review the completed chapters so we can come to a conclusion on if they are ready to be published. (Again, I don't think the process for that agreement has been worked out, but we can see what works.)

Ron