Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Introducing myself

Hi, :-)

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 05:03, Hal Parker <halparker42@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why aren't we using the OOoAuthors website for tracking development? It
> seems well set up for that, and a lot less confusing (at least for me) to
> tell what the latest version of a chapter is.

Well not everyone agrees that it's the best place to track
development, for various reasons.

> I find the Documentation section of the wiki very confusing. Would anyone
> mind if I make some changes so things are easier to find? I know it's a
> wiki, but being a newcomer here I don't want to tread on anyone's toes.

Before you make changes, maybe it would be a good idea to discus the
ideas here on the list first?
New ideas and a new active contributor will be very welcome, but:

a) If you just jump in and starts re-organizing the wiki without
discussing your ideas first then other contributors are likely to get
confused and, possibly, irritated.

b) If per chance this is your first Open Source project, you might be
surprised to find for every idea you find totally obvious and a
no-brainer, there are half a dozen other people who think quite
differently and have other ideas. :-D

It's one of the reasons why it's taking some time to develop a workflow.

There are a number of options we could adopt, and we need to talk about them.

If you've got ideas, please do tell us.

David Nelson