[libreoffice-documentation] Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Embedded parts and wikihelp/HC2

Hi, Jan,

2010/12/16 Jan Holesovsky <kendy@suse.cz>

> We can easily show a suggestion to download a localized version of the
> help on each and every page, if the language is not en_US. With your
> help (the l10n team), this can be even shown in the native language of
> the user, with a direct link to the download location. How does that
> sound?

While that would also be nice to have, I think it is mandatory to explain
that during installation. And at the end of installation it would be nice to
have a link to download the language pack. At least for Windows and OSX,
that have a GUI installer.

Also installing LO on multiple systems should provide option to install also
the langpacks (I believe that is possible now, but maybe some more
automation should be provided, given that it is two packages that need to be
installed, not just one, the fully localized build, as with OOo).

Your solution is not usable for users in a working environment without
internet access or with limited internet access (some companies/government
agencies limit Internet access for security, procastrination etc. reasons).

Lp, m.