remark for the readme-file

Hi David,

I've checked again the readme-file you've uploaded.

I've tried to follow the instructions you put down and I got the following:
For Mandriva, you can't use something like:

su -c 'urpmi libreoffice3.3-mandriva-menus-3.3-1.noarch.rpm'

With this command, the systems looks in the wrong path and gives you then
the error message, that the command cannot be found. Instead, you have to do
this in two steps:
1) Switch user (su (press return), enter your root-password (press return))
2) run urpmi (copy the command from the readme: urpmi
libreoffice3.3-mandriva-menus-3.3-1.noarch.rpm)

This applies to all commands for Mandriva.

I agree that this is stupid, but at least, we avoid questions from users who
get the above error message.

Sigrid

Hi Sigrid, :slight_smile:

Hi David,

I've checked again the readme-file you've uploaded.

I've tried to follow the instructions you put down and I got the following:
For Mandriva, you can't use something like:

su -c 'urpmi libreoffice3.3-mandriva-menus-3.3-1.noarch.rpm'

With this command, the systems looks in the wrong path and gives you then
the error message, that the command cannot be found. Instead, you have to do
this in two steps:
1) Switch user (su (press return), enter your root-password (press return))
2) run urpmi (copy the command from the readme: urpmi
libreoffice3.3-mandriva-menus-3.3-1.noarch.rpm)

Thanks for the heads-up. It should have bee "sudo"... I'll fix this
during the weekend...

David Nelson

Hi David,

Hi Sigrid, :slight_smile:

> Hi David,
>
> I've checked again the readme-file you've uploaded.
>
> I've tried to follow the instructions you put down and I got the
following:
> For Mandriva, you can't use something like:
>
> su -c 'urpmi libreoffice3.3-mandriva-menus-3.3-1.noarch.rpm'
>
> With this command, the systems looks in the wrong path and gives you then
> the error message, that the command cannot be found. Instead, you have to
do
> this in two steps:
> 1) Switch user (su (press return), enter your root-password (press
return))
> 2) run urpmi (copy the command from the readme: urpmi
> libreoffice3.3-mandriva-menus-3.3-1.noarch.rpm)

Thanks for the heads-up. It should have bee "sudo"... I'll fix this
during the weekend...

I'm not sure, that sudo will work.
Mandriva does not install sudo by default. If you want to have it, you have
to install it extra.

Sigrid

Hi Sigrid, :slight_smile:

I'm not sure, that sudo will work.
Mandriva does not install sudo by default. If you want to have it, you have
to install it extra.

OK, I'll amend the readme as you recommended then. :wink:

David Nelson