Question about updates/beta version of Libreoffice

Hi everyone,
I'm working on the docs for tech writers, and I just wanted to ask a quick question about updating LibreOffice. Can you update LibreOffice through the software or will that feature not be available until the stable version is released? Also is there an address to get automated updates in Ubuntu through Sources.list?

Is this the right place to ask these questions or should I send them to the dev team instead?

Thanks,
Daniel Friedman

Hi Daniel, :slight_smile:

Also is there an address to get automated updates in Ubuntu
through Sources.list?

Someone in the LibO community did set-up a repo that was good for an
initial install of beta 1, just after TDF forked. If you're
interested, enter this repo in your Synaptic:

URI: http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice
Comment: gericom@hummer

But I'm unaware of its current status, or of whether it's being
maintained to provide updates. But, AFAIK, Ubuntu will be providing
updates as soon as the stable 3.3 releases.

I can't answer your other question, so I'll leave that to others.

IMHO, next time, you'd get a quicker answer to this kind of question
if you post to the user support list... possibly from the maintainer I
mentioned...

HTH. :wink:

David Nelson

Thanks David,