Re: [libreoffice-documentation] wrong links in LibO GS1-drafts

Hi all,

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Michele Zarri <m.zarri@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 October 2010 14:45, Nino Novak <nnino@openoffice.org> wrote:
>> Just downloaded Chapter 1, Introducing LibreOffice, from the wiki,
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
>>
>> The links in the URLs seem to have been forgotten to migrate: though
>> they are labeled http://LibreOffice (which indicates they have been not
>> converted properly, presumably because the replacement oo.o -> LibO was
>> not done case sensitive) the underlying links are still pointing to
>> openoffice.org sites.
>>
>> So if somebody continues to migrate documents, be careful to take care
>> also of the links :-)
>>
>> BTW, where is the ToDo-List for such little tasks?
>> How about starting to use the bug tracker?
>> Any experiences?
>>
>> Nino
>>
>> --
>> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
>>

> Hello Nino,
>
> Once OOoAuthors have completed their current project of updating all
> the existing user guides to OOo3.2.1, to which I am contributing, it
> is my intention to dedicate more time to libreoffice.org

Great and thanks :)

> The idea of using a bug tracker is great.
> Maybe not needed for the problem you identified (these mistakes are
> generally corrected during the revision process) but to create new
> "features" requests or enhancements as LibO moves from version 3.3 to
> future releases and new functionality is made available.
>
> Unfortunately I have no experience in this area (besides filing bugs)
> but it would help to have a documentation category in the bug tracker.
> This never happened with OOo because the OOoAuthors produced user
> guides are not an organic part of the project and setting up a
> bugzilla for the documentation only is a bit of an overkill.
>
> I think this is one of the most attractive aspects of LibO compared to
> OOo (in the documentation area): the chance for the documentation
> besides the online help to be a rightful and integrated part of the
> project.

Yes and the online help will need also the input of the documentation
project I think. I would really like to see a way to make it more
available to authors and easier to maintain out of the product, even
if the translation workflow stays a part of the product.

Kind regards
Sophie