Re: [libreoffice-documentation] wrong links in LibO GS1-drafts

On 27 October 2010 14:45, Nino Novak <nnino@openoffice.org> wrote:
> Just downloaded Chapter 1, Introducing LibreOffice, from the wiki,
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
>
> The links in the URLs seem to have been forgotten to migrate: though
> they are labeled http://LibreOffice (which indicates they have been not
> converted properly, presumably because the replacement oo.o -> LibO was
> not done case sensitive) the underlying links are still pointing to
> openoffice.org sites.
>
> So if somebody continues to migrate documents, be careful to take care
> also of the links :-)
>
> BTW, where is the ToDo-List for such little tasks?
> How about starting to use the bug tracker?
> Any experiences?
>
> Nino

> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Hello Nino,

Once OOoAuthors have completed their current project of updating all
the existing user guides to OOo3.2.1, to which I am contributing, it
is my intention to dedicate more time to libreoffice.org

The idea of using a bug tracker is great.
Maybe not needed for the problem you identified (these mistakes are
generally corrected during the revision process) but to create new
"features" requests or enhancements as LibO moves from version 3.3 to
future releases and new functionality is made available.

Unfortunately I have no experience in this area (besides filing bugs)
but it would help to have a documentation category in the bug tracker.
This never happened with OOo because the OOoAuthors produced user
guides are not an organic part of the project and setting up a
bugzilla for the documentation only is a bit of an overkill.

I think this is one of the most attractive aspects of LibO compared to
OOo (in the documentation area): the chance for the documentation
besides the online help to be a rightful and integrated part of the
project.

Cheers,

Michele