Wiki are you there ? - documentation editing woes.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd chime in and announce that I've decided to join the merry
band on the Documentation project, having been around since the beginning of
OOo and been involved in the documentation for that, both in English and in
French, and on the odd occasion, in German, mostly in translation.

So, I signed up for a connection to the Wiki, validated my code and now am
attempting to translate the page "Documentation" (
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation) into French and put it up
on the wiki. Just one problem, it won't let me do it online, even though I
am logged in and even though I have already, as I said, validated my e-mail
address (3 times now, once in English and twice in French !!).

If I do as the wiki page suggests and go to validate my e-mail address
again, nothing seems to change.

Any help or hints offered gratefully taken.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Just thought I'd chime in and announce that I've decided to join the merry
band on the Documentation project, having been around since the beginning of
OOo and been involved in the documentation for that, both in English and in
French, and on the odd occasion, in German, mostly in translation.

great news! Welcome on board!

So, I signed up for a connection to the Wiki, validated my code and now am
attempting to translate the page "Documentation" (
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation) into French and put it up
on the wiki. Just one problem, it won't let me do it online, even though I
am logged in and even though I have already, as I said, validated my e-mail
address (3 times now, once in English and twice in French !!).

If I do as the wiki page suggests and go to validate my e-mail address
again, nothing seems to change.

Any help or hints offered gratefully taken.

Seems this is the caching problem back again. I tweaked the cache a little bit, please try again and let me know if things work better now.

Florian

Hi Alex,

Hi all,

Just thought I'd chime in and announce that I've decided to join the merry
band on the Documentation project, having been around since the beginning of
OOo and been involved in the documentation for that, both in English and in
French, and on the odd occasion, in German, mostly in translation.

Great to see you here :slight_smile:

So, I signed up for a connection to the Wiki, validated my code and now am
attempting to translate the page "Documentation" (
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation) into French and put it up
on the wiki. Just one problem, it won't let me do it online, even though I
am logged in and even though I have already, as I said, validated my e-mail
address (3 times now, once in English and twice in French !!).

The page does already exist, somebody has already translate it, but
it's not yet link to the main FR page. I should have done it yesterday
but didn't find the time finally, sorry for that. Have a look at the
FR Category to see what page are existing, please, for the moment.
I'll link them today.

If I do as the wiki page suggests and go to validate my e-mail address
again, nothing seems to change.

Any help or hints offered gratefully taken.

Florian answered you, I'm sure he'll find what's wrong.