Book sprints: what can we learn and adapt from them?

http://blog.booki.cc/?p=541

Although some of the topics covered in this blog post may not be
directly relevant to our user guides, many points are directly relevant,
especially regarding the speed with which user guides need to be written
and updated and the ways in which contributors can work together most
efficiently.

Here's one quote (among many) that I think is relevant to our project:
"I discourage the use of terms like ‘authors’ as this denotes legacies
of ownership and does not encourage new contributors to take the mandate
to improve the book."

I found that after I had decided to change the title "Authors" (as it is
currently in the OOo books) to "Contributors" in the 3.3 version of the
user guides.

--Jean