Base Guide - sample databases provided with the book

Hello everybody,

Dev has very kindly volunteered to look at the sample databases that are publicly availably and used throughout the Base Guide (BG).

While reviewing Chapter 1 of the BG I noticed a few problems with  the "Media_without_Macros.odb" database as follows. Dev, would you be able to correct these issues in your “master” version?

1. The name of the Adress table is spelt incorrectly (should be Address).
2. The relationships (at Tools > Relationships) don’t appear to be
    complete. For example, the Recall table should have a link to the
    Loan table; the Gender, rel_Reader_Schoolclass, and Gender tables
    should be linked to the Reader table.
3. On the Loan form, should “current Loan” have an uppercase “C”?
4. On the Loan form, when a reader has overdue media, then the string
    “Loan temporary locked!” is appended to the blue string in the
    middle of the form. Should this read “Loan temporarily locked!”?
5. The Recall report would probably benefit from some wording changes
    to improve its use of English (I can provide more detailed comments
    if needed).
6. The content of the data in the tables should be anglicized where
    appropriate.

Regards,

Steve

Greetings Steve - Please find my response. My apologies for the delay in replying.

Okay, will do for #1, #2, #6

Yes, for #3, #4

Yes, please provide the details for #5

Thank you

Warm Regards

-Dev

Greetings Steve:

I am uploading the updated version of "Media_without_Macros.odb" database file. I have addressed Task#1 and Task#5.

After looking at the database file, I understood you have taken care of #2, #3, #4 tasks. Thank you for that.

Warm Regards

-Dev

Hi *,

I am uploading the updated version of "Media_without_Macros.odb" database file. I have addressed Task#1 and Task#5.

After looking at the database file, I understood you have taken care of #2, #3, #4 tasks. Thank you for that.

Du I understand it right? You wan't to correct the database like task 2, 3 and 4 but don't know how?
Where have you uploaded the database? I will have a look at this problem.

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

I don't believe that there is a problem.

We are just making sure that the two databases that we've updated (for the new Chapter 1 screenshots etc) are properly controlled.

I will liaise with him and let you know if any assistance is needed.

Regards,

Steve

Greetings Robert -

Thank you for offering assistance. I could have summarized it better. My earnest apologies.

We did not face any challenges in completing any of the tasks.

I have dropped the database file in the same WIP folder to maintain version control. Please find the internal link (https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/f/811152) to access the file.

Warm Regards

-Dev