Translation status update for Calc function wiki articles

I have completed translation structure optimisations for the Calc function wiki articles, which were marked for translation prematurely in 2020. The articles in question were the mathematical functions and a couple of database functions. The work was coordinated with Steve Fanning, who let me know when the articles had been reviewed for content correctness.

This means that all translatable Calc function articles are now safe to translate!

You can find them by searching for 'Calc Functions' on this page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:PageTranslation

The full list of Calc function articles is here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Calc_Functions/List_of_Functions

Numerous painstaking optimisations were made to minimise the amount of work for translators.

I will continue making reviewed articles translatable (currently 142 in the todo-list).

Ilmari

We have the help for functions in our online/builtin help, and then we have this wiki, and as far as I know we also have the Calc Guide - are they the same or similar content?

于 2021年12月13日 GMT+08:00 上午12:57:43, Ilmari Lauhakangas <ilmari.lauhakangas@libreoffice.org> 写到:

All of the three forms of documentation serve a different purpose. Quoting from the Season of Docs summary:

"The Calc Guide for LibreOffice release 6.2 contained a lengthy appendix (70 pages) devoted to the 500+ functions available in Calc, providing a shallow list of the functions and their arguments. During the update of the document for release 6.4 in 2019, the Documentation Team agreed that it would be better to move this list to an online service, and as part of this move, to enhance the function descriptions by adding more examples, use cases and collateral information on standards, compatibility and more."

Ilmari

In my opinion, those lengthy Funtions docs should be included in the online/builtin help. If the current Help is not complete/accurate or is missing examples, then we should revise the Help, not putting then in a new Wiki. It is fine the Calc guide can reference to the Online Help.

For us, our Simplified Chinese team only have very few people doing the translation and we simply have no time translating the wiki, especially if the content is duplicated.

于 2021年12月13日 GMT+08:00 下午1:26:03, Ilmari Lauhakangas <ilmari.lauhakangas@libreoffice.org> 写到:

The problem is that Calc help content now links to wiki for additional
information about the functions (and will probably in the end link to all
function descriptions there), so wiki is becoming a part of LO help (which
is problematic for organizations/companies that do not want/approve
accessing external content on the Internet for the sole use of an office
suite).

Lp, m.

napisala:

Why duplicate this with the content of helponline2? I don’t have time
to do both.

That Appendix is not included in newer editions of the Calc Guide. It was
dropped because of the duplication with online info.

Jean