I have about 20 odd years experience in documentation

Hi,
I have about 20 odd years experience writing user manuals for several
different software companies with a wide range of subjects. I served on the
board for the Montreal Technical Communicators Society and served as a
judge for their annual manual contest. I have written large manuals, quick
starts, release notes, online help, and just about everything in between
including a style guide for one company.
I have used MS Word since its inception but professionally I used
FrameMaker. I just retired and now have the time and inclination to switch
from being Microsoft dependent to Linux. Before I completely severed
the ties to MS I wanted to be sure that I could replace Word. I have been
testing several word processor programs over the past year and am happy to
report that LibreOffice is the winner. It almost rivals FrameMaker.
WooWee!!!
I would be honoured to be a part of this amazing project. As a writer, I
tend to be a tad bit critical and I have to say that except for the typo on
the webpage (see attached image) nothing else has jumped out. Pretty damn
good!
[image: image.png]
As was suggested on the web page, I will read everything I can find. When
you switch companies you have to be able to learn fast and start writing.
I jokingly said in a job interview, "I can write about that which I know
nothing about" and presented them with a quickstart to programming the VCR.

So there you have it.

Cheers
Lorraine

Welcome. This list strips out attachments, so we don’t see which page or
typo you’re referring to. Also, you will probably find that some of the
info on the wiki about the team and its work is incomplete, contradictory,
or otherwise confusing. It’s been under revision for some time.

Jean
(Another retired tech writer/editor; former coordinator / cat herder here
at LibreOffice)

Lorraine,

How nice to have another writer volunteering with this effort.

There are a few thing to note in the guides.

1. Language "that" "it" and basic grammar.
2. Superfluous language rather than imperatives... You can "do this" instead of "Do this!"
3. Inanimate object personification "them".

These are just a few items to clean up in the docs. FYI.

-Marcia