Impress Guide 7.2 chapter reviews, and spreadsheet error message

Hello all:

I've just uploaded IG7203 second review to the WIP folder, and archived the previous version of the chapter.

I'm checking out IG7204 for second review, expected return date October 13.

I'm continuing to get the spreadsheet save error that Peter reported earlier today, and that Vasudev and I both reported last week, so unfortunately my attempts to update the spreadsheet don't appear to be saving. As of October 2 I see Vasudev reported that someone was looking into the issue--I wonder if there are any updates?

Rachel

Hi Rachel

I opened the sṕreadsheet in the NextCloud web interface and I can edit it (I added my name). I see you are also editing the file at the same time.
Are you still having issues on your side?
Regards
Olivier

Yes, still having issues. I still have the document open from my earlier attempt to update it, which is why you see I'm editing, but I can't save my changes. When I try to save I get the error others have reported, "Document cannot be saved. Check your permissions or contact the storage server administrator."

It appears your modifications are taking effect but not those of other users. If you look at the document information for the past week, the only changes listed under "Activity" are two changes by you (today and 6 days ago). Peter was most recently able to update the document 7 days ago, and others of us prior to that, but no one except you has been able to save for a week now. It would appear someone changed the permissions on the document or on the folder about a week ago.

Rachel

Greetings -

It is still unresolved. I have been following up with the hostmaster team. They were trying to search the log files for further analysis. The last I heard from them was that this is not a bug. Later, I captured and sent the snapshots to them. I am yet to hear from them.

I wrote to them now to understand if they were able to find something.

Maybe if we could move/create the spreadsheet tracker to another folder like within the WIP folder , will that work?

Until the original issue gets resolved, we could find an alternative method.

Thank you

-Dev

Hello Dev

I have just downloaded the Impress Guide spreadsheet, then made a change for Appendix A and saved the spreadsheet on my Mac Mini.
Uploaded the IG spreadsheet back to NextCloud. Overwrote the old spreadsheet so that the IG spreadsheet is a new copy.
Made a small change to the spreadsheet and saved it on NextCloud without any problems.
Conclusion is that the previous version of the IG spreadsheet must have become corrupted.
It now appears to be working OK with my new version.
Please try it and let me know what happens.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

Hi Peter

I do not think that was the solution, because I did this before with the Dutch spreadsheet with no effect.
Probably someone fixed it.

Cheers, Kees