New Documentation Contributor Introduction

Hello All,

Here is a quick email about my experience and interests as they relate to contributing to this project. I am increasingly a fan of open-source products and subsequently excited to finally contribute to one.

I come from a technical background, having been the sole IT employee at a small company in the healthcare field and a remote support agent of automated package management equipment. I have since transitioned to a project management role and am attempting to break into the technical writing field. My primary experience with technical writing in these roles has been the creation of user guides. My editing experience includes completing QC audits of my own documentation as well as being a (sometimes) welcome thorn in the side of my girlfriend and her siblings as they write various documents in pursuit of higher education.

As far as how I would like to contribute to this project, I intend to get started with editing documentation. I am afraid I would not yet call myself a proficient user of LibreOffice or the tools used to upkeep its documentation, but as that changes, I will complete reviewing and writings tasks.

Once again, looking forward to working with you all! In the spirit of those awkward corporate icebreakers, feel free to share what your favorite (non-Libre) open source project is.

Best Regards,

Wesley Lewis