Calc Guide 7.2 - Chapter 3

Hello everyone,

I have checked out the Chapter 3 from Calc Guide 7.2.

Expecting to return it by 22 October.

I've been away for a while, so, is there any changes in the workflow or in the guides itself that I should pay attention to?

Best regards,

Felipe Viggiano

Hi Felipe,

It's nice to hear from you again; I hope you are well. Thanks for helping out with the reviewing.

I don't think there are any significant workflow changes for you to worry about in terms of reviewing.

One thing that might help reviewers is that the Preface now includes a summary of what has changed in the document, identifying which chapters are affected.

And you may be interested to know that I've included a new chapter at this issue, entitled "User Interface Variants".

Regards,

Steve

Hi Felipe,

Many thanks for the comments on Chapter 3.

I have updated the chapter, accepting the proposed changes with only a couple of minor wording adjustments. I have included today's date in the filename and returned the chapter to the Work in Progress folder, ready for a second review.

Matters arising:

1. With regards to the options available in the Select Chart Element
    menu, I agree that “Chart Wall” only seems to appear for 3D charts.
    However, you can access the Chart Wall dialog by double-clicking on
    the appropriate part of a 2D chart. If you feel strongly that there
    is an undesirable inconsistency in the software, then perhaps you
    could raise a bug?
2. Regarding the Adapt options on the Position and Size tab of the
    dialog with the same name, I could not make them available for a
    chart and so have changed that section to state that they are always
    unavailable for charts. They can be made available if you insert a
    text box and access its Position and Size dialog which may be
    interesting background information but isn’t relevant to charts.
3. I agree that the default pivot point on the Rotation tab of the
    Position and Size dialog seems to be top left for a 7.2 software build.

Regards,

Steve

Hello Steve,

Once again, thanks for your feedback, very instructive as usual!

Best regards,

Felipe Viggiano