Impress 7.2 - IG7210 First Review

Greetings - I am checking out IG7210 for first review. I will return with the review comments by 2nd Oct 2021

For some technical reason, I am unable to update the status sheet. While saving it displays 'Document cannot be saved. Check your permissions or contact the storage server administrator' message. Hence, the entry will be blank. FYKI.

Thank you

-Dev

Hi Vasudev

Some Nextcloud users access the /LibreOffice Documentation/ folder under the /Shared/ folder.

/Shared/LibreOffice Documentation/...

You should access directly from the root folder

/LibreOffice Documentation/...

Please give a try

Kind regards

Olivier

Hi Olivier:

I just tried to save an update to the IG tracking spreadsheet and am experiencing the same error that Vasudev got. I double-checked and confirmed that I'm accessing the document via the path you recommend below.

Rachel

Hi Olivier -

I tried both the ways. However, the behavior is same. It still throws the same error.

Thank you for your assistance. I hope the infrastructure team can look into this issue?

Thank you

-Dev

HI Dev

In that case, better write to hostmaster@documentfoundation.org and report the issue.

Kind regards
Olivier

Sure, Olivier. I will do that.

Thank you

-Dev

Greetings - I am uploading IG7210 with first review comments in WIP folder.

Thank you

-Dev

Hi Olivier - Mr. Guilhem Moulin is looking into this issue. FYI.

Thank you

-Dev