Getting Started 7.2 published

Team,
The ODT and PDF files for GS72 and its chapters are on NextCloud and
will be uploaded to the wiki soon. Thanks to all who helped get this
out so quickly.
Olivier, over to you to put on website.
I will work on the print edition of this and the Writer Guide 7.2 next.

I've visually checked the documents for correct formatting and
subsequently removed direct formatting by the odtclean.py script. The
cleaned files can be found in the file GS72-clened.zip in
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/apps/files/?dir=/Shared/SK
community/Cleaned

Olivier, please, replace the published files in GS72, so that the
cleaned ones are used for GS7.3.

The changes I've done are mostly invisible, so the cleaned files need
not to be used for publishing GS7.2

Thanks
Milos

Hi Milos, All

Hi,

I've visually checked the documents for correct formatting and
subsequently removed direct formatting by the odtclean.py script. The
cleaned files can be found in the file GS72-clened.zip in
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/apps/files/?dir=/Shared/SK
community/Cleaned

Olivier, please, replace the published files in GS72, so that the
cleaned ones are used for GS7.3.

The changes I've done are mostly invisible, so the cleaned files need
not to be used for publishing GS7.2

So I opened Getting Started 7.3 folders in Nextcloud and added Published/ Archive/ and Work in Progress/ folders and added the empty control spreadsheet for 7.3 .

I put the cleaned files in the WIP folder. The files were further inspected and have now

- Clean unordered lists (extra bullets, fake lists paragraphs, Note/Warning/Tip bullets)

- Figures and frames were renamed with
Name = Caption and Number (e.g. "Figure 23")
Description = Caption text ("Print dialog")
Alt = full caption ("Figure 23 : Print dialog")

- Figures Xrefs were put as "Category and number"

Thanks for providing the cleaned files

Olivier

Hi, Olivier,

please undo all your changes from these files to renaming figure <x> to
<Figure x> as this causes unwanted problems with OmegaT - translation of
word Figure (in Slovenian "slika") gets printed in the guide with capital
"Slika", although set to "slika" in OmegaT. Since it is a field, it cannot
be even manually changed ...

So your solution is no good for localization purposes and I hope next time
you check the validity of the file changes not just for English, but with
localization teams.

For localization purposes only the cleaned 7.2 files by Milos are ok.

Also, how does the "alt" caption of the picture change when one edits the
caption of the picture (or the pictures get renumbered)? That does not work
automatically and will bring confusion, as there will be several alt
captions with the same number and different caption (when pictures are
inserted) ...

Lp, m.

V V sre., 8. sep. 2021 ob 16:51 je oseba Olivier Hallot <