Introduction - joining the team

Hi everyone,

My name is Laura and I would like to join the documentation team.

As a background I'm a mathematician, and currently working as quantitative
analyst. Joining the project seems like a great way to improve my technical
writing skills, so looking forward to getting started! Maybe I could start
with some review of the guide books, feel free to give advice.

Kind regards,
Laura

Hi Laura,

Welcome!

I'm a member of the Documentation Team who (at the moment) focuses on Calc aspects.

I've been chatting to Ilmari Lauhakangas and wondered whether you would be interested in helping with some of our current activities to improve Calc's documentation? There is plenty to work on but I will try to avoid scaring you off by covering too much!

One area where you might be able to add great value quickly is in our Calc Functions wiki (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Calc_Functions). Within the 500+ pages accessible through this section of the TDF wiki (one page for each of Calc's functions) there are 63 pages covering financial functions. As a mathematician working in quantitative analysis, then I expect you will know a lot more than me about what these functions should do - perhaps you could review their current descriptions to identify any corrections or improvements that could be considered?

Another task you could certainly help with is reviewing the LibreOffice 7.2 Calc Guide chapters, when I've completed the updates in a few days time.

Please let me know if these activities interest you.

Regards,

Steve Fanning

Hello Laura

You are welcome to review any guide book chapter.

The Calc guide is a good topic for mathematicians and well as the Math guide (equation editor).

All files are in the cloud, at

LibreOffice Documentation/English/Calc Guide/7.2/Work in Progress/

(Calc)

Download one chapter and review/update, according to the page

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/DocumentationTeamInfo/ProducingLibreOfficeUserGuides

If you have questions, pleas ask here

Kind regards
Olivier

Hi All,

In the interests of avoiding confusion, the updated files for the 7.2 Calc Guide are NOT currently in NextCloud.

I will advise via the mailing list when they are ready to be reviewed, by whoever wishes to review them.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for the heads-up!
(I was looking at them)

Kind regards
Olivier

Hi,

Thanks Steve and Olivier for the suggestions, it sounds good to start with
reviewing the Calc Functions wiki. I will look more into it in the coming
days, and write here when I have some questions.

Kind regards,
Laura