Ping Olivier: Problem with sections to be hidden in master doc

Olivier,

I am looking at the chapter files for Getting Started 7.2 and Writer
Guide 7.2, where you added sections to help with HTML export. Those
files appear to have lost the sections that cause the chapter
copyright page and ToC to be hidden when a master document is
compiled.

I can re-add those sections, but it's a slow process. Perhaps you have
a way to do it quickly? I'm sorry I did not notice this earlier. The
files are in the Work in Progress folders for GS7.2 and WG7.2.

Jean

Hello Jean
I'll try to insert the hidden section back.
Stay tuned
Kind regards
Olivier

Hi Jean, Team

I worked on the hidden sections in the chapters.

Inserting sections is tricky. You cannot add an outer section, i.e. a section that wraps an already existing section. So you must add the outer section first and then add the inner sections. Related to this behaviour, I had to delete the chapter ToC (*), add the hidden section around Copyright inside SEC_DISPLAYAREA and then add back the ToC in the inner section.

SEC_HIDDEN is hidden on condition that the variable "book eq 1".

I also created a prototype of the master document and linked the chapters pulled from WIP folder. On the top of the master doc I set "book" to 1 and all SEC_HIDDEN section are then hidden.

So it works. If we stick to ODF, all is good.

However, due to an old problem, the bookmarks exported in the PDF get fooled by the hidden sections, so the links in the PDF bookmarks are wrong and get worse when you click to get chapter deep inside the book.

I uploaded a separated zip file in the /7.2/ folder with the ODF, ODM and Chapters with the hidden sections added.

Kind rgards
Olivier

(*) for some reason, the ToC is inserted as an internal section or the like in the document

I prefer to compile books without using a master document, because of
hassles with the side-effects of hidden sections. I will continue doing
that.

Jean