Draw Guide 7.1

There is now a complete set of PDF files for the Draw Guide 7.1 on NextCloud in the PDF Files folder.

Now for the Impress and Draw Guide chapters for the Getting Started Guide 7.2.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

Hi Team,

PLease spread the word in your social media !

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2021/07/27/the-draw-guide-7-1-has-arrived/

Let's make this widely public with our means!

Kind regards

Olivier

Peter (and everyone else updating GS chapters):
Please be sure to start with the files in the 7.2 WiP folder. Olivier has
made changes to all the GS chapters.
Jean

I will do the printed version within a few days.
Would you like me to put the files on the wiki, or will someone else do it?
Jean

I'm sorry that I did not have time to check the PDF before the book
was published. While preparing the file for the printed version, I
discovered some problems with the page footers (due to some incorrect
page styles applied), and I also found several unresolved
cross-references. I have fixed these problems in the full-book ODT,
regenerated the PDF, and uploaded both to the relevant DG folders
(Published and DG7.1 PDF Files) in NextCloud.

Jean

I just noticed that the front cover image has the wrong logo in the
upper left: it does not say "Community".
I have picked up the revised cover from the Contributor Resources
folder in NextCloud and replaced it in the ODT and PDF.
The revised ODT and PDF of the full book are now on NextCloud.
Jean

Will do Jean

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com
Technical Writer, LO Documentation Team

Congrats on completing the Draw Guide 7.1! Nice!

Once the full family of the GS and Guides V.7.1 I plan on marketing
these to Canadian libraries for their book purchases. We had tried to
organise a project like this before but never really had a full version
of guides ready to market. Having a full family of guides will be more
convincing to the Library purchasing agents.

Cheers,

Marc
I am also one of the leads on the Canadian LibreWaterloo LibreOffice
Community group. (www.LibreWaterloo.ca)

Sounds a good idea, I can try and do the same for Libraries Unlimited ( who run some of the libraries here in Devon UK)

Either that find out who to contact and then let you know.

Out of interest is the guide for Base and Math being worked on too.?

Paul

Fingers crossed that these will be looked at at some point.