Calc Guide 7.2

All,

Now that RC1 of LO 7.2 Community is available, it is time to start preparing an update to the Calc Guide for 7.2.

I have spoken with Felipe Viggiano and he is busy at present, so I am making a start on this update by collating a detailed list of the changes needed to the text and figures.

I will keep the mailing list informed of progress.

Regards,

Steve

Greetings Steve: A quick question - Will you open a tracker to include all the items?
Thank you-Dev

Hi Dev,

My intention is to produce a Writer document that lists any required changes, by chapter. When complete this document will be available to all via NextCloud.

This approach is intended to help us to more easily update affected chapters and, hopefully, simplify review requirements (and timescales). It will also facilitate the production of a more user-friendly description of the changes in the "What’s new in LibreOffice Calc 7.2 Community" section of the Preface (as suggested at the recent team meeting).

I have no plans to formally track the document changes through Bugzilla.

Regards,

Steve

Thank you, Steve. It will be more than sufficient.
Thank you so very much.
Regards-Dev

Hi Steve,

Once again, thank you very much for this!

Unfortunately, right now I'm having a little trouble to find some extra time to dedicate to the project, but I'm positive that in a couple of months thing will get calmer, and then I'm intended to get some chapters to review!

Best regards,

Felipe Viggiano

All,

I have completed a review of the 7.2 Release Notes and collated an initial list of the changes that I believe are required to the Calc Guide.

If anybody is interested, this initial list can be found in NextCloud at https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/wGG24424DknNgtW.

I now need to compare the 7.1 Calc Guide to the 7.2 software, in case that turns up any other changes to the document.

Regards,

Steve

Thank you, Steve, for the document.
Thank you-Dev

All,

For information I have added a few additional changes to the original list, found by inspecting the illustrations in the guide while using the software. These have been included in a second version of my note, which can be found in NextCloud at https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/d65q2GHGYJ8Hzft.

Work continues...

Regards,

Steve

Hello All,

I have completed updating all existing chapters for the 7.2 Calc Guide and these are in NextCloud, ready for review. As discussed at last Thursday’s Documentation Team meeting, Olivier has kindly agreed to perform some checking of the files to “clean” them and make them more suitable for conversion to HTML format. It would be worth waiting for Olivier to carry out that activity before any other reviews.

Also at last week’s team meeting, it was suggested that we add an extra chapter to the Calc Guide (entitled “User Interface Variants”), based on Chapter 21 of the latest Writer Guide. I will produce this new chapter in the coming days and advise all when it is ready for review.

Regards,

Steve

HI Steve

I completed a review of the CG chapters available in WIP folder, but I have not yet uploaded them.

I miss Chap 15, and noticed renaming of Chap 16 and 17 with respect to the /archive/ folder. Can you please double check if this is intended?

With kind regards

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

That is intentional.

16 and 17 are the two appendices, with both files renumbered to make room for a "real" chapter to be inserted.

Chapter 15 is the new chapter requested at last week's team meeting, entitled User Interface Variants. It is in production.

Regards,

Steve

HI Steve, Team...

I moved all *SF04Sep2021.odt files to the /Archive/ folder

I uploaded *SF_OH07Sep2021.odt files to the WIP folder.

Kind regards

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Many thanks for that.

Does the activity that you carried out count as a first review for the returned chapters?

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve

Actually I have not reviewed the contents. My initials were set to differentiate from your source, if anything goes wrong.

Kind regards
Olivier

Thanks Olivier.

I just wanted to be sure.

Regards,

Steve

As with the latest changes to finished 7.2 GS files I urge to not use these
changed files and remain with the previous ones as the changes make the
localization for some languages impossible (it cannot be grammatically
correct in Slavic languages and probably many more).

Lp, m.

V V sre., 8. sep. 2021 ob 23:04 je oseba Steve Fanning <