Answering in-line.

-------- Original Message --------
From: RIYADH TALAL [mailto:riyadhtalal@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 17:41 UTC
To: Dave Barton
Cc: documentation@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Templates dialog problem

Hi,

Jean Weber was talking about LO 7.1 (and you were asking about 7.1.1.2).

Irrelevant. Jean did not specifically identify which of the 7.1.x
releases she was referring to, but the situation is identical in all the
currently available 7.1.x versions.

If it is fine for you to have the button not-activated if there was no
document opened, then it is ok.

This is a documentation development list, not a discussion forum about
software bugs. Where did I say that this was or wasn't an issue for me?

If not, then you may submit a bug report (the displayed templates in the
"internal window" are diverse and have nothing to do with the type of
opened document.

I require no instruction about when or for what to submit bug reports,
thank you.

So, one might ask developers to make those templates
available even before opening any document; as there is no logic why it
is not possible).

Again, this is a documentation development list, not a discussion forum
about software bugs and features.

For 7.2 dev, I tested on win 10 and it crashed, yes.

Not surprising for alpha code still under development.

BTW I am subscribed to this list, so directly sending me duplicates of
your posts is unnecessary.

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 8:07 PM Dave Barton <daveb@libreoffice.org
<mailto:daveb@libreoffice.org>> wrote:

    On 18/03/2021 16:10, sophi wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Le 18/03/2021 à 16:39, Dave Barton a écrit :
    >> Can you advise where you see this button when a document is open?
    Under
    >> Windows 10 LO Version: 7.1.1.2 (x64) I only see the "Extensions"
    button
    >> at the bottom of the left hand panel in the start center.
    Clicking that
    >> button opens the link: https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en
    >
    > It doesn't work from the start center, but open a Writer document for
    > example, then File > Templates > Manage Templates, in the dialog that
    > opens, the extension button is opening a window populated with
    template
    > extensions. At least, under my linux 7.1.0.2 version it works well
    (and
    > I don't experimental features activated.
    > Cheers
    > Sophie

    Hi Sophie,

    Thanks for the pointer. It's true that clicking the "Extensions" button
    in the Templates Manager dialog does nothing if a document is not open,
    but when a document is open the  "Extensions" button in the Templates
    Manager dialog opens another internal dialog displaying a scrolling list
    of downloadable templates. The above is true for me in LO Version:
    7.1.1.2 under both Windows 10 and Linux.

    Under LO 7.2 dev. the Templates Manager dialog "Extensions" button is
    disabled if a document is not opened. With a document open the Templates
    Manager dialog "Extensions" button is enabled and when clicked the same
    internal dialog starts to open before crashing the program.

    Cheers
    Dave