Hi,

Jean Weber was talking about LO 7.1 (and you were asking about 7.1.1.2). If
it is fine for you to have the button not-activated if there was no
document opened, then it is ok.
If not, then you may submit a bug report (the displayed templates in the
"internal window" are diverse and have nothing to do with the type of
opened document. So, one might ask developers to make those templates
available even before opening any document; as there is no logic why it is
not possible).

For 7.2 dev, I tested on win 10 and it crashed, yes.