Proposal for a book on databases with examples from LibreOffice Base

Hello all,

I have a masters degree in computer science, as well as a master of education in computer science and physics. I mention this not to brag, but in order to establish my qualifications on this subject.

12 years ago I wrote an introduction in how to use a database program for my pupils, as I was teaching a class on the subject at the time. Unfortunately for me, the course was dropped from the syllabus just as I finished the book. (Within one or two weeks.) So I never got it published. It is written in my native language, Swedish, and is based on MS Access and SQL Server so not possible to use as is. Access and SQL Server was selected per demands from my then employer, but can easily be adapted to any similar software packages.

Now I have translated the structure of the book into English, and translated the introduction. The writer file is atatched with this message. It should provide enough information for an initial assessment of my text and proposed content.

I am willing to contribute my book to the LibreOffice project, and translate it into English, if you are interested. I will not make it exclusive to LibreOffice Base, since I believe that it is an advantage to point out similarities between Access and Base, and teach databases in as a general concept rather then a specific database manager.

What is your impression? Any thoughts?

Best Regards,