Templates dialog problem

I’ve not had time to research this probable bug or misunderstanding.
Perhaps someone here knows.
In LO 7.1, on the Templates dialog is a new “Extensions” button which is
supposed to open a window populated by templates from the Extensions
website. It is described in the Release Notes.
On my macOS machine, this works as described when experimental features is
active, but otherwise does nothing. On Windows 10, it does nothing in
either case. I have not tried it on any variant of Linux.
Any insight? Thanks.
Jean

I tested on win 10:

Only when a document is opened, the "extensions" button works and displays
templates from the Extensions
website (whether experimental features is active or not).

Seems not to be the intended behavior.

Riyadh

Can you advise where you see this button when a document is open? Under
Windows 10 LO Version: 7.1.1.2 (x64) I only see the "Extensions" button
at the bottom of the left hand panel in the start center. Clicking that
button opens the link: https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en

Dave

Hi,

Can you advise where you see this button when a document is open? Under
Windows 10 LO Version: 7.1.1.2 (x64) I only see the "Extensions" button
at the bottom of the left hand panel in the start center. Clicking that
button opens the link: https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en

It doesn't work from the start center, but open a Writer document for
example, then File > Templates > Manage Templates, in the dialog that
opens, the extension button is opening a window populated with template
extensions. At least, under my linux 7.1.0.2 version it works well (and
I don't experimental features activated.
Cheers
Sophie

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for the pointer. It's true that clicking the "Extensions" button
in the Templates Manager dialog does nothing if a document is not open,
but when a document is open the "Extensions" button in the Templates
Manager dialog opens another internal dialog displaying a scrolling list
of downloadable templates. The above is true for me in LO Version:
7.1.1.2 under both Windows 10 and Linux.

Under LO 7.2 dev. the Templates Manager dialog "Extensions" button is
disabled if a document is not opened. With a document open the Templates
Manager dialog "Extensions" button is enabled and when clicked the same
internal dialog starts to open before crashing the program.

Cheers
Dave

Hi,

Jean Weber was talking about LO 7.1 (and you were asking about 7.1.1.2). If
it is fine for you to have the button not-activated if there was no
document opened, then it is ok.
If not, then you may submit a bug report (the displayed templates in the
"internal window" are diverse and have nothing to do with the type of
opened document. So, one might ask developers to make those templates
available even before opening any document; as there is no logic why it is
not possible).

For 7.2 dev, I tested on win 10 and it crashed, yes.

Answering in-line.