I have checked out several chapters of the Writer Guide to update from 6.4
to 7.1. I am finding many small changes in the dialogs as well as new
features, even between versions 7.0 and 7.1. The small changes are usually
not mentioned in the Release Notes, so I need to compare each screenshot
and description to the program, take new screenshots and rewrite text to
match.

I mention this mainly for the benefit of new or inexperienced contributors,
who may be unaware of this necessity.

It’s also relevant to the discussion about updating the guides between
minor releases. Some differences may be trivial enough to overlook, but
many are not. IMO updating only things mentioned in the Release Notes would
result in an inferior book.