At first I was inclined to agree with Olivier about a new character format for widgets. After doing
a couple of tests, I think there should be rethink on this new character format.

Reason being is simple. There is already a character format that uses Liberation Mono as a font and
that is Code. Yes, the Widget character format could you use an italic version of Liberation Mono.
In my opinion, the difference is not enough to distinguish the Widget character format from Code
character format. Code text is always written in a mono spaced font and we should keep with that
thinking.

Character formats Strong Emphasis and Emphasis could easily be used fo user interface text. I
already use Strong Emphasis and Emphasis when naming the main option and sub-option titles in a
dialog, and the distinction is enough. In the LO chapter template, Strong Emphasis is also used for
dialog buttons.

Regards
Peter Schofield
Technical Writer, Document Foundation