GS7008 Base

Hi Jean,

Placed some some screenshots in the WIP folder. It is still not complete.
Will complete the asap!

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,
I started dropping the replacement screenshots into the chapter. Some comments:
Figure 1: Text above figure says, "Make sure that the HSQLDB Embedded
entry is selected in the Embedded database drop-down menu" but the
replacement image (unlike the original image) shows the default
Firebird Embedded.
Figure 3 also shows Firebird Embedded in the status bar at the bottom.
If we're going to tell people to use HSQLDB (at least for the example
in this chapter), these two screenshots need to show that.
Other pix look okay.
Regards, Jean

Hi Jean,

whoops! I will correct them. Thanks for your comment....
/Rob

Hi Jean,

Did another check and and the table definition of "Payment Type" on page 15, just above "Defining relationships", is not correct. Field PaymentID is missing.

Table Payment Type contains 2 fields:
- PaymentID (Integer) Primary Key
- Type (Text)

/Rob

Hi Jean,

here are some updates of some images. I'm unable to upload them to nextcloud. So I'll share them via dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/afeoa4z49dy8ok7/Update_Base7.0.zip?dl=0

/Rob

Thanks, Rob. I've dropped them into the chapter and uploaded the
images and the updated chapter file to nextcloud. Still more to come?
All: This chapter is still looking for reviewers.
Jean

Hi Jean,

Working on the last part (report).
/Rob

Hi Jean,

Uploaded the last figures in a zip file into the WIP folder.

Best regards,

Rob

I have dropped all of the replacement figures into this chapter. It is
in the WiP folder.
If you've been waiting until all the figures were redone, now is the
time to review the chapter. Someone?
(Yes, I know many of you were otherwise occupied last week. I hope
you're back to documentation now.)

Jean

I have now reviewed this chapter. It needed only one small but
significant change (from a note from Rob earlier in this thread), plus
a few trivial changes, mostly to improve page breaks. I propose to
publish it, if no one objects within 72 hours. Then I will compile the
full GS book and publish that.

Jean

Just as a little reminder. Have these files been processed through Milos
Sramek's latest "odtclean.py" script:
https://github.com/milossramek/translation-scripts/tree/master/odtclean
Unless you have the facilities to run the script, I suggest you ask
Milos or Oliver to do this before publication.

Kind Regards
Dave

Thanks, Dave.
If someone will do this “cleanup” step, that would be great.
Milos? Olivier?
Jean

Hello Jean
I'll do it. Stay tuned.
Kind regards
Olivier

Hello Jean

The files were cleaned. No issues found.

The cleaned files are in the folder /cleaned/ in folder /Published/

I added a cleaned GS7008 chapter from WIP folder to the cleaned folder.

Kind regards
Olivier

I see the "Cleaned" folder but no files in it.
Jean

I've got them now. Thanks, Olivier.

I can see the "cleaned" subfolder in the GS70 published folder - were these
files already manually cleaned up and has the python script been run on
these?

Could someone please also update the LO70 master document to generate the
full guide from individual chapter files?

Thanks,
m.

napisala:

I created a front matter file, which I can turn into a master doc with
needed links. I’m not at the computer to check, but I think it’s in the WiP
folder. I’ll do that tomorrow. (It’s late here.)

I have compiled the full book, but I did not use a master doc. I expect to
put it in the Published folder tomorrow.

Jean

I have now created the master document and the full book and uploaded
them to the Published folder.
Jean

Hi Martin

Hi,

I can see the "cleaned" subfolder in the GS70 published folder - were these
files already manually cleaned up and has the python script been run on
these?

I ran the python scrip on them

Could someone please also update the LO70 master document to generate the
full guide from individual chapter files?

Jean did it.

regards