Impress Guide 7.0

The Impress Guide 7.0 has been published and is now available in the Published folder on NextCloud.

The PDF files for all the chapters and the Impress Guide are now available in the IG PDF Files folder on NextCloud.

I do not know how to make these files available on the LibreOffice website. Could someone with the knowledge and access make these files available on the LibreOffice website.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hi Peter

Thank you for the Impress Guide

I'll publish it on the documentation website

Kind regards

Hello,

Thank you for the Impress Guide

Yes, great work Peter and everyone else involved!

I'll publish it on the documentation website

Are you going to do a blogpost too, Olivier? Otherwise I'll try to do
one some point this week, or at least spread the word on social media,
Reddit etc...

Cheers,
Mike

HI Mike

Thanks for the offer on he blog post. Please go ahead.

Kind regards

Olivier

Hello All, Peter

I made some adjustments in the published Impress Guide 7.0. The
resulting PDF is available in the documentation website:

https://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/english-documentation/

- The front cover was reworked to be independent of the font used in the
SVG source file. It is a hi-res (300dpi) image.

- The back cover was missing and was therefore added.

The modified file has my initials in the name in the published folder.

Kind regards

Olivier

Whoops, sorry about that Olivier. Thank you for checking.

Could you please send me by individual email or a link where I can download the covers for both the Draw Guide and Impress Guide.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Peter

the 7.0 covers are in the folder /Contributors resources/Cover7.0/ in
the cloud. The ready-to-use files are the ODT files there.

Regards
Olivier

Hi everyone,

I worked with Peter on a blog post to announce the new guide:

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2021/02/09/make-better-presentations-with-the-impress-guide-7-0/

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the update!

Cheers,
Mike

Hi All

Excellent post. Thanks Peter and Mike for the nice reading.

To all, please add the link to your personal social network!

Kind regards
Olivier

Someone also needs to upload the files to the wiki,
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Impress_Guide

Jean

The wiki definitely needs updating.
I have never updated a wiki page.
If someone could tell me how and if I have permission, then I will make my best effort.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

The publications page is not a good place to start learning how to
update the wiki, because of the tables.
I have updated the page and am in the process of uploading the files.
Regards, Jean

While prepping a copy of the compiled book file for the print edition of
the book, I noticed more than a few instances of lists that did not restart
at 1, and some formatting inconsistencies and bad page breaks.

Jean

Hello Jean

The numbered lists did start at 1 when I put the files in the Published folder on NextCloud.
Also, there were no bad page breaks.
However, I will check my copy and see what happened.

Regards
Peter Schofield
Technical Writer, Document Foundation
psauthor@gmail.com

Looking at the PDF, I see numbering errors on page 68, 212, 219, 242,
256, 281, 317. May be others that I didn't note.

Jean

I will check Jean. Thanks for the info.