Hi All,

At a recent Documentation Team meeting it was agreed that we should update Chapter 13 of the 7.0 Calc Guide to remove its macro code and include an improved description of the functions in the Database category (available from the GSOD2020 project).

The initial phases of this work are complete. The removed macros can now be found on the wiki at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros/Calc (entries 019 to 030). The updated (and hopefully improved) version of Chapter 13 “Calc as a Database” can be found in a new 7.1 subfolder of the Calc Guide area in NextCloud.

Whether we issue a 7.1 Calc Guide can be discussed further but, in the meantime, please could somebody with a little knowledge of the subject matter review (and sanity-check) the updated chapter and let us know their thoughts?

The chapter is around 23 pages long, but the changes were extensive and therefore have not been sidelined.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Steve