Hi, Steve!

Glad to read you again! Thanks for your patience.
Somehow I missed your messages on Jan 24th. I was surprised not to find news about this question. Maybe because I am subscribed to this listing to receive only the digest messages.

I do reviewed your process to check Expand Formatting option. My findings are that there is no need to restart LibreOffice in order to achieve results, as you pointed out. I really don't understand what was preventing me last time for experiencing this behaviour. Even a friend on the Doc team check it along with me and we both needed (at that time) to restart LibreOffice. We're both in Linux… Anyway, I remove the "restarting" note.

However, there's still the need to indicate that this magic stops for the range whenever the user do something else and returns back to range entry. (I still keep this note on Spanish guide).

And we're both OK on Value highlighting correction.

Thanks for all your help!
I'm sure we'll talk later about something else ;D

Celia