Hello again!

Here's another question. Same Calc Guide 6.2:
On page 244 this paragraph says:

┬źActivating the *Enable regular expressions in formulas* option means all the above functions will require any regular expression special characters (such as parentheses) used in strings within formulas, to be preceded by a backslash, despite not being part of a regular expression. These backslashes will need to be removed if the setting is later deactivated.┬╗

However, I have the aforementioned option enabled, and I'm using this formula which yields the appropiate result:

=COUNT.IF(B1:B13,"^u.a$") for searching "uva" or "una" in cells, but not "viuda" nor "suma".

I can trace back the paragraph to the OpenOffice wiki (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Regular_Expressions_in_Calc#Regular_expressions_in_Calc_functions).

I think that paragraph is obsolete.

Celia
--