new member

Hi reader,

I'm a satisfied user of LO, since seven years now. Focus on base and programming macros, some of them written in python.

The question of this mail is:

  * can you assign me to the right team / tasks?

  * is the contribution driven by the needs of the documentation team,
    or can initiatives of the volunteer  be granted as well?

I noticed that (base) python programming is less abundant, in usage and documentation. I'm willing to contribute and add documentation on this subject.

Regarding skills, i am 64, retired and not educated as a programmer, though with a background in engineering and some programming languages.

Looking forward to what you believe can be a suitable area to work on.

kind regards peter heijink

Hello Peter and Welcome,

If you have not already done so, please subscribe to the documentation
team mailing list documentation+subscribe@global.libreoffice.org, which
is where we communicate and discuss all matters related the the
LibreOffice documentation and Help production.

Being an open source volunteer project we do not assign tasks to
contributors. We ask them to look for aspects of the various sections of
the LibreOffice documentation where they believe their skills may be
usefully employed. As a general rule (not law) we discuss with or advise
the other team members what we wish to work on via the mailing list.
This often produces useful feedback or guidance for new contributors.

If you would like to speak with our "Slave Driver" :)) oops I mean "Team
Leader" Olivier Hallot and some other regular members of the docs team,
we hold a bi-weekly on line team meeting:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Meetings

The contributor guides are currently in a state of flux, but you should
find sufficient information about joining the team in the "Help produce
documentation" section of our wiki here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation

Best Regards
Dave

Hi Peter,

First things first, a warm Welcome !

While Python support for macros is already ancient, Python documentation in
LibreOffice is recent. Your feeling is not surprising. However libO and aOO
forums hold abundant content that deserves a more cohesive layout.

Wiki macro pages are in need of Python examples next to Basic ones.
Complementing them with your Base macros knowledge will be appreciated. You
may find that LibO online help about Python require some review or additions
where your observations are welcome.

I invite you to share your concerns about Python documentation in the
mailing list.

My wiki profile <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:LibreOfficiant>
details my past achievements and current documentation activities