How to give subtitles to a video using kdenlive in ubuntu ? - YouTube

Hi All

I installed kedenlive earlier so have now also found a video showing how to add captions / subtitles to a video, so am going to have a go with a video from the source files I have here for Libreoffice.

Hopefully I can add some captions to the videos too.

Should be fine for most of them, the one where I am adding numbers together in a table may be more tricky, as the bar is at the bottom of the screen.

I need to add a solid background to the caption so any wording stands out properly but I will try and figure that one out.

Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGOoS3c2m1g

Why not create them in .srt text format with some subtitling software instead? You can upload .srts to YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734698

An example of a FOSS subtitle editor: https://subtitlecomposer.kde.org/