Request to hire someone to explain the entire LibreOffice Writer

Hello all

I believe that the best way to explain any software in an easy and fast way is by using video tutorials. Therefore, I would like to pay someone a sum of money to explain LibreOffice Writer through all the points in the document when it is ready easily and beautifully on YouTube.

I am sure that will increase LibreOffice users very quickly and significantly.
I hope this person is a native English speaker to make it easier for listeners around the world to understand.

Please have a look at this page to know the way I believe the best https://diode.zone/video-channels/libreofficewriter/videos?a-state=42

Please, let anyone with the same conditions tell me they are willing to help.

Thank you

Mohammed Alotaibi

[undefined]<https://diode.zone/video-channels/libreofficewriter/videos?a-state=42> <https://diode.zone/video-channels/libreofficewriter/videos?a-state=42> <https://diode.zone/video-channels/libreofficewriter/videos?a-state=42>
LibreOffice 7 Writer Videos
Videos on features of LibreOffice 7 Writer
<https://diode.zone/video-channels/libreofficewriter/videos?a-state=42>

محمد نواف/Mohammed Bin Razin - Chat @ Spike<https://spikenow.com/r/a/?ref=spike-organic-signature&_ts=snmf8> [snmf8]
[https://bolt.im/t/?LuqdmGsL6q4uRt6xLSEyUNqEaWu4Rmv1dWD3RrYlP2kKymqdTFakeAHUATqfCLpGuV8NkWSj-BRndUso06Ahkw]

You might wish to take look at:
https://spoken-tutorial.org/keyword-search/?q=libreoffice

Sadly, almost everyone who makes video tutorials concentrates on the
simplistic manual (typewriter) formatting of the Writer module.
Neglecting the other modules and the power of Writer's styles.

I seriously doubt that the video tutorials you propose would make any
real difference in the number of LibreOffice users, because only those
people who are already interested in or using the software would want to
watch those videos.

Regards
Dave

Hello all

I believe that the best way to explain any software in an easy and fast way is by using video tutorials. Therefore, I would like to pay someone a sum of money to explain LibreOffice Writer through all the points in the document when it is ready easily and beautifully on YouTube.

I am sure that will increase LibreOffice users very quickly and significantly.
I hope this person is a native English speaker to make it easier for listeners around the world to understand.

Please have a look at this page to know the way I believe the best https://diode.zone/video-channels/libreofficewriter/videos?a-state=42

Please, let anyone with the same conditions tell me they are willing to help.

Thank you

Mohammed Alotaibi

Hi Mohammed

I created these so glad you like them, They are linked to one of my personaljournal blogs

https://personaljournal.ca/libreoffice/curriculum

So I am using a mix of text, screenshots and video, they are silent as I am not very good at speaking on them, but that does mean sound can be dubbed over in different languages.

Would it, from freedom / privacy perspective be better if videos where just on peertube, as it raises the profile of these free platforms, there is also zero advertising, Plus perhaps they are then embedded in side existing tutorials. Putting them on youtube will just make the critics say that peertube can't 'hack it as a platform'.

if the videos are embedded then most people may not even notice anyway.

In terms of Youtube

I think some of the payment policy has changed on you tube too.

I am not sure how adverts are generated on youtube but the last thing we want are:-

Inappropriate advertising
Advertising for 'other' office products that the algorithm may come up with, GoogleDocs or MSOffice for example.

I can't see Google liking rival products, let alone free ones that respect user freedom and don't collect data on users.

As the TDF has sponsors, is it possible to:

a) Run our own instance of peertube
b) Stitch very short adverts from sponsors on to videos
c) upload or find another way for sponsors to get a mention so that it raises funds for the TDF / Project without annoying those who watch the videos with advertising (one of the reasons I really don't like youtube).
d) This would raise funds, and may be help make donations to people who contribute.

Paul

I created these so glad you like them, They are linked to one of my personaljournal blogs
https://personaljournal.ca/libreoffice/curriculum
So I am using a mix of text, screenshots and video,  they are silent as I am not very good at speaking on them, but that does mean sound can be dubbed over in different languages.

a) Can you leave a space, either at the top, or bottom of the video
"page", that is not part of what is being demonstrated in the video/part
of the subject of the video, to be used for either open-captioning, or
closed-captioning?

Do you mean on the actual video itself or on the webpage the video is on.? I am not sure what you are asking, sorry

b) Can you have a rectangle, preferably in a corner, that is never part
of what is being demonstrated in the video/part of the subject of the
video, to be used for sign-language overlay?

I am not sure, I am using Vokoscreen to make these, so I am guessing a video editing suite can add this in. Vokoscreen will allow recording of picture in picture, if you have a webcam,

Paul

a) Can you leave a space, either at the top, or bottom of the video
"page", that is not part of what is being demonstrated in the video/part
of the subject of the video, to be used for either open-captioning, or
closed-captioning?

Do you mean on the actual video itself or on the webpage the video is
on.?  I am not sure what you are asking, sorry

An unused space on the video itself. Somewhere that either open
captioning or closed captioning can overlay, without blocking whatever
is being demonstrated.

b) Can you have a rectangle, preferably in a corner, that is never part
of what is being demonstrated in the video/part of the subject of the
video, to be used for sign-language overlay?

I am not sure, I am using Vokoscreen to make these,  so I am guessing a

Likewise, an unused rectangle within the video, that when obliterated by
picture within picture, won't obliterate whatever is being demonstrated.

video editing suite can add this in.  Vokoscreen will allow recording of
picture in picture,  if you have a webcam,

Adding picture in picture is easy. What is not easy, is to ensure that
the added picture/information won't block whatever is being demonstrated.

jonathon

Hello Paul and the other great people seeing this email.

Thanks for your response and thanks also for the video tutorials that you made so far.
I believe in all your ideas, but sometimes we must give up some ideas because we, as a community supporting open-source software, are not in a position of strength, but rather we are in a position of weakness, in fact, we were defeated by other monopolistic companies such as Microsoft and Google.
But we will never give up our main goals.
So I think we should show the videos on YouTube. To ensure getting the largest number of visitors and beneficiaries.
I made a great effort in my country to try to publish LibreOffice, but I failed, and most of the responses were from people saying that the software is (ugly, difficult, and there are no adequate explanations).
So what do you think about the perfect solution to this problem?
I see commercial companies cooperating with each other even though they are competing in the same product, and from this successful principle, we cannot stop our cooperation with platforms such as YouTube and be isolated in a world that only 1000 people know about so far.

We can also promote the Peertube platform later on YouTube.

محمد نواف/Mohammed Bin Razin - Chat @ Spike<https://spikenow.com/r/a/?ref=spike-organic-signature&_ts=spdw8> [spdw8]

[...]

Hi

The videos currently take up about 18MB on my hard disk so DO I need to upload somewhere such so they can be downloaded and uploaded to Youtube.

I can upload to salsa.debian for example but I am not signing up to yet another service for this, just getting too stressful keeping track of everything on top of having zero income.

OK I have no problem with this, I was just expressing *serious concerns* about inappropriate advertising before the videos.

Regards

Paul

What we need is a few people with proper expertise in this area, I have only 'just' moved from making screenshots (which I am far far better at) to also including videos.

My home desktop screen is not really big enough for this, as I need to make LO virtually full screen in order to display the icons on the far right hand side, this leaves less room at the bottom. As I also need to display enough of the actual application, otherwise things get squashed, I need to show 2 / 3 paragraphs in some cases.

I also need to keep items on my own desktop for my own use, I can't keep hiding everything it reduces my own workflow for other things.

Hope this helps

Paul

Would it, from freedom / privacy perspective be better if videos where just on peertube,

The more places you put them, the more exposure they will have.

as it raises the profile of these free platforms,

there is also zero advertising, Plus perhaps they are then embedded in
side existing tutorials.

Putting them on youtube will just make the critics say that peertube can't 'hack it as a platform'.

In terms of Youtube
I think some of the payment policy has changed on you tube too.
I am not sure how adverts are generated on youtube but the last thing we want are:-

Probably the only people that understand how adverts are generated, are
the people who write the algorithm software that YouTube uses.

Inappropriate advertising
Advertising for 'other' office products that the algorithm may come up
with, GoogleDocs or MSOffice for example.

You are guaranteed that that will happen.
More than once I've seen YouTube reviews that completely trashed the
product, to have half a dozen adds for the product being displayed,
during the review.

I can't see Google liking rival products, let alone free ones that
respect user freedom and don't collect data on users.

As the TDF has sponsors, is it possible to:

a) Run our own instance of peertube
b) Stitch very short adverts from sponsors on to videos
c) upload or find another way for sponsors to get a mention so that it

The standard way of doing that, is listing sponsors as part of the
credits.

jonathon

So I think we should show the videos on YouTube. To ensure getting the largest number of visitors and beneficiaries.

Getting exposure on YouTube sounds like a good idea.

The issue Paul, and others have with YouTube, is that there is
absolutely nothing that the content creator/channel owner can do, in
terms of limiting either where and when the adds roll, or what the
content of those adds is.

Whilst I would like to think that Alphabet selects advertising suitable
to either the specific video, or the general content of the channel,
history has repeatedly demonstrated their inability to do so.

Were the video on YouTube, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see an add
proclaiming OfficeX can do Y, whilst LibreOffice can't do Y, rolling
during a video demonstrating how to do Y within LibO.

I made a great effort in my country to try to publish LibreOffice, but I failed, and most of the responses were from people saying that the software is (ugly, difficult, and there are no adequate explanations).

One of the major issues of LibreOffice, is that outside of a core of
users that are willing to break anything and everything in their daily
use of LibO, the complete set of functions, and capabilities of
LibreOffice are basically unknown to the majority of users. Most
reviewers never realize that functions and capabilities that they claim
LibO lacks, are in fact present, needing only the appropriate configuration.

By way of example, dedicated MSO users rave about VBA, and how their
workflow requires it. Anything that VBA can do, Python can do. For those
who absolutely have to have their statistical analysis, R can be a
built-in macro language for LibO.

So what do you think about the perfect solution to this problem?

There isn't a simple solution that is perfect.

Part of it is that documentation that covers intermediate, and advanced
use cases. (By way of example _Forensic Financial Analysis using
LibreOffice_, or _LibreOffice In Your Medical Practice_.)

Part of it is marketing in the general domain, to the non-user. The
market that

We can also promote the Peertube platform later on YouTube.

Over the last two or three years, I've seen an increasing number of
YouTubers migrate their content to LBRY, PeerTube, Vimeo, and one or two
other platforms. They all have their virtues, and they all have their vices.

jonathon