  {mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
  {size:8.5in 11.0in;
  margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
  {page:WordSection1;}
-->
Hi All,

I signed up to be on the mailing list last month and created an SSO account. I downloaded the software and reviewed the user documentation and have been trying to learn the software when I can. At the time Dave mentioned that the workflow and instructions in the contributor’s guide book were being updated. I just wanted to check in and see if there is any new information available.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Chris Smith

Sent fromMailfor Windows 10

;

The guide index is at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/DocumentationTeamInfo

If you look at the chapters, you can click "View History" for each of them.

Going by the changes, we can see that this is the only article that received updates after your introduction: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/DocumentationTeamInfo/UsingAuthorsWebsite

Ilmari

Hi, Chris,

To my knowledge the Contributors' Guides have not yet been updated. That
said, while the workflow is more or less the same the file naming and
structure have been updated.

If you have your SSO and are looking to start reviewing, I know the Getting
Started Guide team is looking for contributors and reviewers! You might
have seen some of the messages passing through the mailing list.

Have fun contributing,
Sam

Samantha Hamilton
www.darlingdocs.com

Thank you everyone for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I am just about to finish updating Chapter 3 Using the Documentation
Team Website (both NextCloud & Wiki), but I am waiting for advice from
another LibreOffice project team to complete this.

Almost everything in that chapter [1] and [2] resources except
"Publishing a chapter or a book" is accurate.

Peter Schofield has updated Chapter 2 Producing LO Guides which is
waiting for more reviews prior to publication. FWIW, my assessment of
Peter's revision is accurate and should be considered as an accurate
statement of how the guides should be produced.

Chapter 4 Style Guide [3] has some proposed edits, but following Jean
Weber's original advice should be considered to be the most accurate and
authoritative.

Chapter 5 Using the LibreOffice Chapter Template is fine, but lacks the
source of the template at:
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/3yHCCcrMT3Nc83F

Chapter 0 (Preface) and Chapter 1 Join LO docsteam, could use some TLC,
but are essentially correct.

That's a fairly reasonable assessment of where the "Contributors Guide"
is at at this time.

Regards
Dave

[1] https://tinyurl.com/y3ztgsk6

[2] https://tinyurl.com/y5ahvblp

[3] https://tinyurl.com/yyoyeghf

Thank you for the additional information Dave, that’s helpful.

Chris