Writer table sum feature

Hi

I am trying (well struggling) to figure out how to use the sum feature within a table in LibreOffice writer.

So I can :

Create a table
Enter numbers in a column

trying to use the sum tool on the context tool bar causes the software to just not work as expected.

https://diode.zone/videos/watch/d08d5d5d-99af-4590-a2b5-c430d9ef57bf

Question here is am I using this feature correctly?

Another odd thing here, is that pressing the sum feature that causes the above also appears to grey out the exit button for libreoffice, alt-f4 works to close the document, but neither ctrl-q or file exit work.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Paul Sutton

Paul,

You are overcomplicating the procedure.
See: http://www.mediafire.com/file/imxudm14vk9z6fh/clip.avi

Regards
Dave

Dave,

Have to agree with Paul. For someone familiar with Calc it is surprising
and confusing that Sum in a Writer table cannot be done using the method he
demonstrated. In Calc the method Paul demonstrated is the one I use most
frequently. The method you demonstrated is one I rarely use.

Can you direct me to where a feature / enhancement request should be
submitted?

Hi Alan,

RFE (Request(s) For Enhancement) go through Bugzilla.
If you don't have an account or you are not familiar with Bugzilla,
this is a reasonable starting point: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org
/

Regards
Dave