LibreOffice 7 download for Ubuntu 16.04 32bit

Is there a LibreOffice 7.0.3 download for installing on a Ubuntu 16.04 on a 32bit laptop computer?

If yes, how do you install?

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hello Peter

Is there a LibreOffice 7.0.3 download for installing on a Ubuntu 16.04 on a 32bit laptop computer?

There are no packages by TDF for 32 bits Linux anymore.

16.04 is quite old, I wonder if Ubuntu has a recent 32 bit LibreOffice
for this version.

Perhaps a digression of mine: If you plan to run LibreOffice on a Ubuntu
machine for testing and authoring purposes, and, you have a good
machine/laptop, you may want to try VirtualBox and install a newer 20.04
or 20.10 Ubuntu there + recent LO.

I know it may sound a challenge, but it is doable and it works. If you
want to go in this direction, I can give you some advise although most
installs are run by wizards.

Kind regards

Hi Peter!

I don't think there is a 32-bit build of LibreOffice 7.0. The LibreOffice
PPA used in Ubuntu only provides LO 7.0 for Ubuntu >= 18.04.

https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ubuntu/libreoffice-7-0

The most recent LibreOffice version for Ubuntu 16.04 seems to be LO 6.2.

https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ubuntu/libreoffice-6-2

Regards,

Rafael

Prof. Dr. Rafael Henrique Palma Lima
Departamento de Engenharia de Produção
Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná (UTFPR)
Câmpus de Londrina

Hello Olivier

I have solved the problem of using my very old Toshiba (32 bit) with the latest versions of LibreOffice and Ubuntu operating system.
The last time I tried to install Ubuntu 20.10, I got the message that my laptop had to be 64 bit for this version of Ubuntu.
This time, I did a trial run of Ubuntu from a USB version that I created, then installed and it installed without a problem.
I was then able to download LO 7.0.3 from a repository and update LO that was installed with Ubuntu.
It surprised me that it worked, but can now fully test LO Impress and Draw using all 3 operating versions.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com