Just for a recall...

The 7.0 template lists only 4 characters styles
(LibreOffice_7.x_Template.ott)

Emphasis
Strong emphasis
Keystroke
Code

Any other character style or character direct formatting should be
avoided/removed/replaced wherever possible.

(The same applies to paragraph styles, frames and lists...)

Cheers
Olivier