Hello Dan

I think you may misunderstood me.

Yes, the ToC uses styles labelled Contents. The ToC is built from using the Heading styles from
each chapter.
None of the ToC Contents styles have any italic formatting.
The Title style in the chapter does have italic formatting, but this should no influence the
Contents 1 style, which has Bold text.
The Contents 1 style appears in the ToC as bold text, but half regular text and half italic text,
for example, Chapter 1 Introducing Impress (I hope the italic formatting shows in the email). This
should not happen and is why I think it is a bug or a problem in the user guide template.

Heading 3 style uses italic text and is included in the ToC as Contents 3 for individual user guide
chapters only. Some of the Contents 3 styles appear as regular text, all italic text or half
regular and italic text.

As you can see, this is a mystery and as yet not found a solution.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com