ToC - formatting problem with styles

I am compiling a book from chapters in the Impress Guide and have come across a formatting problem with the styles in the Table of Contents.

The Contents 1 style is assigned Liberation Sans 12pt Bold and is set to display the Title style from a chapter. The resulting ToC has a formatting error in the Contents 1 style.
The 1st part of the text is correct, that is the chapter number displayed as Chapter 1.
The 2nd part of this style displays the chapter title, for example Introducing Impress. The text is formatted as Bold Italic, which is incorrect. It should be Bold, the same as the chapter number.

Is this a bug in LO Writer or a bug in the template? I do favour a bug in Writer.

I have come across this problem before when I have included the Heading 3 style into the ToC. This style is Bold Italic in the chapter, but is set to Regular in the ToC. However, sometimes the text for this ToC entry comes out partially italic, for example, Available toolsets or Available toolsets.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

At first glance, I thought there is either direct formatting or a character style had been applied. However, I have since noticed another possibility: the style for Title. It is italic. Seemingly this has been applied to the Bold style for Content 1. What happens if you remove the display of the Title style?

Why would you want to include the Heading 3 style in the Toc? I thought the Toc is suppose to use one of the Contents styles only and no character styles either.

Dan

Hello Dan

I think you may misunderstood me.

Yes, the ToC uses styles labelled Contents. The ToC is built from using the Heading styles from each chapter.
None of the ToC Contents styles have any italic formatting.
The Title style in the chapter does have italic formatting, but this should no influence the Contents 1 style, which has Bold text.
The Contents 1 style appears in the ToC as bold text, but half regular text and half italic text, for example, Chapter 1 Introducing Impress (I hope the italic formatting shows in the email). This should not happen and is why I think it is a bug or a problem in the user guide template.

Heading 3 style uses italic text and is included in the ToC as Contents 3 for individual user guide chapters only. Some of the Contents 3 styles appear as regular text, all italic text or half regular and italic text.

As you can see, this is a mystery and as yet not found a solution.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com