On 10/28/20 07:14, Peter Schofield wrote:
I am compiling a book from chapters in the Impress Guide and have come across a formatting problem
with the styles in the Table of Contents.

The Contents 1 style is assigned Liberation Sans 12pt Bold and is set to display the Title style
from a chapter. The resulting ToC has a formatting error in the Contents 1 style.
The 1st part of the text is correct, that is the chapter number displayed as Chapter 1.
The 2nd part of this style displays the chapter title, for example Introducing Impress. The text is
formatted as Bold Italic, which is incorrect. It should be Bold, the same as the chapter number.

Is this a bug in LO Writer or a bug in the template? I do favour a bug in Writer.

I have come across this problem before when I have included the Heading 3 style into the ToC. This
style is Bold Italic in the chapter, but is set to Regular in the ToC. However, sometimes the text
for this ToC entry comes out partially italic, for example, Available toolsets or Available
toolsets.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

At first glance, I thought there is either direct formatting or a character style had been applied. However, I have since noticed another possibility: the style for Title. It is italic. Seemingly this has been applied to the Bold style for Content 1. What happens if you remove the display of the Title style?

Why would you want to include the Heading 3 style in the Toc? I thought the Toc is suppose to use one of the Contents styles only and no character styles either.

Dan