Hi Peter,

The fact is that the Contributors Guide has not been properly updated
from Jean's excellent original since we moved from ODF Authors to
NextCloud. There has been some "piecemeal" editing over the last couple
of years, which is why I now want to work with you and any of our other
long term contributors to produce an updated and accurate guide that
will be meaningful and useful for our new contributors.

I found the same confusing "Organized by a Committee" structure for
Chapter 3 that you have found with Chapter 2. In my current update of
Chapter 3 I simply edited what we already had, just to "get the job
done", but I will be returning to totally rewrite/restructure Chapter 3
ASAP.

I agree that the Contributor Guide should be formatted in the same way
as the user guides, even if some of the introductory content is not
really appropriate for an internal document like this. For consistency
we should apply the Version 7.x template to the Contributors Guide, but
the content of this guide has no relevance to version 7.0 of the software.

I propose that with the help of any other long term contributors, to
fully update and finalize *ALL* chapters of the Documentation
Contributors Guide

Best Regards
Dave