-------- Original Message --------
From: Chris [mailto:csmith94404@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020, 22:45 UTC
To: documentation@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Introduction-Chris Smith

Hi,

My name is Chris Smith, I just recently discovered LibreOffice, and I would like to help
contribute to the documentation team. I’ve been in the technical communications field for several
years, but I’m new to technical writing. I’m currently working on my technical writing
certification at UC Santa Cruz Silicon Valley Extension. I would be interested in reviewing,
editing, researching, helping with artwork, and once I get more familiar with LibreOffice, I
would like to help write user documentation.

I have subscribed to the mailing list and created an SSO account.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Regards,

Chris Smith

Hi and Welcome Chris,

Most of what we do here is updating previous editions of the User Guides
to reflect changes made made to more recent versions of the software. At
the moment we are updating the guides to cover changes made to version
7.0. For most guides a team member will take and update one or more
chapters of a guide, then other team members review those updates.

Unfortunately you have joined us at a time when we are making a small
change to our workflow and the instructions found in our Contributors
Guide book [1] and the equivalent pages on the wiki [2] are in the
process of being updated. If you need any information please feel free
to ask on this list.

You mention that you have created a SSO account, but you need to wait
until our team coordinator (Olivier Hallot) has set up access to the
Documentation workspace on our NextCloud instance. If you haven't
already done so, please subscribe to the documentation
mailing list, by sending a message to
documentation+subscribe@global.libreoffice.org and follow the
instructions that will be mailed back to you.

BTW. You seem to have created you original message in MS Word and
transferred it to Gmail. Regrettably, by the time the list server has
removed the HTML formatting and reduced it to the most primitive form of
ASCII text, your message is only just readable. For future reference,
the list server also dumps attachments into /dev/null

Best Regards
Dave

[1]
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/apps/files/?dir=/LibreOffice%20Documentation/English&fileid=57390