Dear Documentation team,

My name is Adam Lax.

I'm very interested in getting involved as a volunteer to help with open
source projects. I come from the higher education/ non profit sector with
over 4 years of experience teaching college level writing to ESL students.
I'm looking to transition into technical writing and would like to get more
direct experience with the documentation process by volunteering on a
project.I believe my extensive writing, editing, and proofreading
experience can be quite helpful.

As an educator, I have also honed a strong ability to explain orally and in
written form concepts, ideas, and tasks in a thorough and step-by-step
manner for those who are not familiar with them or even speak English as a
first language.

I would appreciate any guidance you all can give me in just starting out.
I'm eager to learn and apply my writing skills to this team!

Best,

Adam Lax
International Education Policy, MA
2015-2016 US Department of State Fulbright Scholar:
aplchinafulbright.weebly.com
Cell number- 301-758-1125